Thank you for your interest in the Master of Arts in Digital Studies of Language, Culture, and History. We look forward to welcoming next year's cohort of students dedicated to exploring humanistic knowledge in the digital realm. Below are the deadlines and requirements for applying to the program.
First-round application deadline for the 2019-2020 academic year: January 7, 2019
Individuals admitted to MA programs in the first round are expected to respond by April 30.
Second-round application deadline for the 2019-2020 academic year: April 30, 2019
The deadline for second round admits is June 1.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of materials submitted by the deadline, and we cannot guarantee that materials received after the deadline will be given consideration. Late applications will be considered only as long as places are available in the relevant programs. Financial aid (other than loans) is not available for late applicants.
Our application is now entirely online, and all materials should be submitted through the online application. Please do not send any materials in hard copy. If for any reason it is not possible to submit materials online, please contact the Division of the Humanities by email or by phone at 773-702-1552.
We recommend submitting application documents as PDF files for the most reliable results. The application system will also accept Microsoft Word documents, OpenDocument files, and a few other formats with varying levels of fidelity. Regardless of the file format you use, we recommend reviewing your application proof carefully to make sure all documents were successfully added to your file by our system.
All applicants must submit the following materials:
- a statement of purpose,
- 3 letters of recommendation,
- transcripts for all previous degrees and coursework,
- GRE test scores from within the preceding 5 years,
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores from within the preceding 2 years (if needed to meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement for international students), and
- an application fee of $90. The fee can be waived if it presents a financial hardship, or for members of certain groups. Please click here for more information. Requesting a waiver will not affect the assessment of your application.